Hey everyfur, Rudy here. Today was RUFF! I had NO BREAKFAST to start. I knew it were only going to go downhill from there. YUP, I was right. Mama took me to the vet and I had to stay ALL day. I hads to have da surgery for my lumps, and while I was under anesthetic, I had to have a dental. THE INDOGNITY! Well, I has pearly whites again now, thank you very much, although I didn't see much wrong with them in the first place! The vet said my teeth were very good for an 8 year old, and I didn't have to have any extractions.
The lumps came out easy, apparently. So, the vet was happy with that. The fatty lump by my thigh popped right out! The other lump, lower on my leg, was a bit more suspicious, so we had that sent away to a pathologist in Ontario for testing. We should know in about 7-10 business days. Sigh. Mommy says if she ever wins the millions of dollars on the lottery, she's gonna set up a good vet lab here in Newfoundland, cause it's torture having to wait that long. Anyway, the second lump came out fine too, and they got all of it, so that's good too.
I am pretty out of it now, Mommy gave me some rice and wet food with my pain pill, and I'm resting on my nice bed now. Mommy gots a few more grey hairs, but hey, I'm worth it. Thank you everyfur for your prayers, I know some of you gave Power of the Paw on the Book of Faces and Twitter. We love you all.
Here are some pics of today when Mommy got me after my VERY TRYING NO GOOD DAY.
Me and Joan, Dr. Marshall's lovely vet assistant who was with me in surgery the whole time.
When I came home, Izzy had to smell me all over to make sure I was okay.
Here is the incision by my thigh. Several stitches there because of the size of the fatty lump. The other lump was lower down. The stitches will have to come out in about 10 days.
Here I am, Mommy says, looking stoned. I still, got that stoopid pink bandage off pretty quick. That was where my IV was. Luckily I'm kinda looped so I'm not at my incision sites. You can't see my pearly whites, but they're there!
love you all,
Rudy




4 comments:
YAAAAAAAAAY!!! My Momma wented tu da dentist dis day, tu, an' hur teefs wuz perfekwy fine, tu!!
We r hopin' dat yur wump r gonna be nuffin, sweet gurl. I hab sended a hole twuckwoad ob Bodka Dwips tu yu fur yu-kno'-whu!! Keep us posted, 'kay?? Hi tu Izzy an' dose Mistwee twins!
Awww, poor Rudy. Hopin dose lumps are nuffin serious.
I hope your bump passes its test. I'm glad you're ok, and Momma says to tell your Momma that she totally gets the gray hair thing!!
Glad that is aover and done. Hope the biopsy will be good too.
POTP for good healing!
Post a Comment